Saturday, June 22, 2019

Spring Bassin


This past spring was slower then usual for me, but they seemed to stay shallow a little longer then usual also, I mostly targeted Bass in the local Reservoirs and ponds. I had to work a little harder for the better size fish, seemed like there were more people fishing then normal, I think that may have had something to do with it. Plus I also think there are just more good Bass fishermen today. I remember in the early 1980s going to Loch Raven with a friend of mine, I walked to the shoreline and pointed to a log sticking out of the water from a distance, then I told him to watch, there is a big Bass there, first cast I hooked up with a monster, it did get off after jumping out of the water, but still to this day he will remind me about that. I still catch plenty of Bass that way but its not as much of a sure thing anymore, mostly because so many more fishermen know about structure fishing. One method I do today that works good is to look for places to cast where other fishermen may be less likely to. there are lots of areas to cast that aren't very obvious...

No comments: