Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 year in review

This was another good year of fishing, Bass fishing off the shoreline at Loch Raven was really good with lots of nice size fish, April was the best month where I went on a streak of 6 consecutive trips catching at least one fish over 5lbs on each trip.
I took my boat out a couple times on the Chesapeake for preseason Rockfish but never did very good, once the season opened I went twice and caught a fish over 45" on both trips, not bad considering many people complained of it being slow and I only trolled with 6 to 7 rods and caught the fish in less then an hour on both trips.
The summer season for Stripers was really good, even when it got hot out the fish were stacked up in many different spots. then the rains came, it rained a lot this year. muddy water and huge amounts of debris was common throughout the second half of summer, I rarely even took my boat out, I mainly did shoreline fishing, I did  a few trips at loch Raven for Bass, And some urban fishing in Baltimore for Catfish, I was actually trying to get Carp but all I kept getting was Cats, but I can't complain, it was still fun,




I eventually got some Carp at Loch Raven.  I also did some Bass fishing in down town Baltimore, all the rain must of pushed the Bass down stream in the Patapsco. it was always amusing to hear some of the comments from people in the city, hardly anyone fishes in the city so people were constantly surprised.
Luckily the bay cleared out well for my favorite time of the year, Fall, and it turned out to be my best October for Stripers ever, maybe even my best fall, it was at least my top 3. In October I had another streak where I went 10 straight trips catching fish over 30", I would of went 14 straight trips but one trip my biggest was only 29".

Hopefully this year will be as memorable

No comments: