Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tried out my homemade jigging spoon


Last winter I made up some spoons for fishing. I got the idea from a thread on pierandsurf.com where someone made some fishing spoons from regular teaspoons, they cut off the handles, added hooks and painted them  http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-forum/showthread.php?91795-Dremel-homemade-fishing-lure&highlight=
I decided to not paint mine because I've always liked the silver flash of spoons and I thought it would be a shame to cover them with paint, plus its less work


I thought it seemed like a perfect lure for certain conditions like areas where theres lots of snags or 
winter fishing when you need to work the lures more slowly. plus they seemed like a cheaper alternative to some of the more expensive spoons like daredevils. They worked really well last winter for Northern Pike and Pickerel. A couple of the spoons I made I left the handles on and just added a hook, I thought they would work well for Rockfishing in the fall. So I recently tried one in the Upper bay and it worked great. I didn't use it for very long but I caught a couple legal size Rock at about 20" and a huge White perch
Heres a video of me using the spoon for the first time
 

2 comments:

jighead said...

Nice,thanks for sharing your jig style.

Anonymous said...

just to show you, homemade stuff can and does work..thanks